2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them.
3. Did anyone you know give birth?
4. Did anyone you know die?
Michael, amoung some others.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 9, 2003 - The day Michael died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got engaged.
9.What was your biggest failure?
Falling in love with Nate.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
See above. Cancer, actually.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Uh, my car. I guess.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you cry or depressed?
My mother's. For the last time.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
getting a new apartment.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
"He Yah!" Outkast
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
is this really a question
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
been sure of myself more.
19. What do you wish you'd done less?
leaned on others.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
with Mike's family.
21. On the whole of it, was 2003 a victory to be savored, or a defeat to be learned from?
a victory. I servived it.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Yes. Luckily, this time so did he.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
respect (most of the family, I mean time)
30. What was your favorite film of this year 2003?
The Matrix Revolutions (I'd like to say something great like 'spellbound' or 'trembling before G-D' but really, the Matrix kicked fucking ass, man.)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
got drunk, 19
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
34. What kept you sane?
Mike, and my friends
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Fred Phelps and his fucking statue.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
"It's not going to stop,
until you wise up" -Aimee Mann
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Time it was and what a time it was it was,
A time of innocence a time of confidences.
Long ago it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you"
--Bookends, Simon and Garfunkel